Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Welcome

Hello everyone, and welcome to my blog.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog, I hope that you will find it interesting and please feel free to ask questions or comment both positive and negative as long as its constructional :). Anyway in this blog i hope you will learn about some of my personal favorite urban legends and superstitions that tie back into mythology. I personally believe that any story can potentially have the power to become a myth, and a myth to me is only a story with a deep hidden message (sometimes more obvious and less deep). I also hope that by reading this blog you will get a deeper understanding of superstitions and how they can effect our daily lives, and how they as well were born from myths. Anyhoo, please enjoy and don't be afraid to give me some feed back :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sydney,
    Spooky blog! Your focus is wonderful - urban myths and legends enthrall us because they are both so representative of our culture and their origins are so shrouded in the mystery created by word-of-mouth gone wild.

    Urban myths are interesting to me because they are so often "morality tales" - that is, they portray people making choices, or finding themselves in situations, that have horrible consequences in order to warn the audience against possible similar situations. The one that terrified me when I was in college was the one that describes the victim waking up in a tub of ice, with a note that tells him/her to call 911 immediately because vital organs have been removed. Ick!

    The composition of the blog is very artistic and represents your topic well. The black sections with blood-red font highlight the ghoulish pictures you incorporate and the spattery white background gives an urban feel to the site.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete